Guest post by partner Torokhtiy Weightlifting
I am Oleksiy Torokhtiy, an Olympic weightlifter and coach from Ukraine.
This sport has been in my life since childhood, so I am releasing 2 new weightlifting programs in the SugarWOD Marketplace that are designed to help athletes reach their full potential.
- The 10-week Weightlifting for CrossFit program covers the snatch, clean and jerk, and other key lifts.
- The 5-week EMOM Weightlifting program focuses on improving technique and developing strength through short EMOM complexes.
Program 1: Weightlifting for CrossFit by Oleksiy Torokhtiy
Key Features of WL4CF
- Duration: 10+2 weeks / 3 days / 40-60 minutes.
- Training goal: New PR, strength, and technique development.
- Training level: Intermediate to advanced.
- Good for: Male and female athletes.
What Athletes Can Expect From WL4CF Programming
The 10-week weightlifting program is designed specifically for those who want to integrate Olympic weightlifting with CrossFit® training.
The main goal of the program is a new result in the snatch and clean and jerk.
WL4CF will also be an optimal solution for competitive amateur weightlifters who include CrossFit WOD in their workouts, since the training volumes in WL4CF are much lower than in standard weightlifting programs. (Training duration is 40-60 minutes.) This allows you to add your metabolic loads.
Program 2: EMOM Weightlifting by Oleksiy Torokhtiy
Key Features of the EMOM Weightlifting Program
- 5 weeks (20 unique sessions).
- 4 days per week (40-50 minutes per session).
- 50+ specific exercises.
- Primary focus on Olympic and accessory lifts.
What Athletes Can Expect From EMOM Weightlifting
In these 5 weeks, you will take a break from the usual set of exercises, monotonous technical work, and long warm-ups.
EMOM weightlifting will help you increase efficiency and performance and maintain muscle tone. You can learn to comfortably enter work mode, continue to prepare for a competition, or work on your leg and back strength.
This program will be useful for CrossFit athletes who want to increase strength performance with an emphasis on weightlifting as well as weightlifters who want to diversify their transition period.
Weightlifting Program Samples
Whether you’re looking to improve your Olympic lifts or build overall strength, these individual programs are definitely worth checking out. With 10 weeks of Weightlifting for CrossFit training and 5 weeks of EMOM Weightlifting programming, there’s something for everyone.
What are you waiting for? Get started today and see the results for yourself!