We’ve learned a lot while helping thousands of gym owners successfully launch SugarWOD to their members. Follow these launch tips if you want SugarWOD to make a huge splash at your gym!
What Makes a Successful Launch?
When your gym rolls out SugarWOD, your focus should be to recruit a “critical mass” of athletes to use it. As with any social tool, people are more likely to participate when they see others involved.
The number of people required will vary depending on the size of your gym. But typically, when you reach 20-40 athletes who regularly log results and give fist bumps, you’re in good shape. Once you’ve hit 20-40 athletes, your community in SugarWOD will be self-sustaining.
To support your recruitment, we’ve compiled some best practices into handy checklists to guide you and your coaches as you launch SugarWOD.
SugarWOD Launch Checklists
- Register your gym in SugarWOD by starting the free trial!
- Sign up and put a credit card on file.
- Check your gym’s settings in the Coach’s Center, particularly your Location and Whiteboard.
- Upload your gym’s logo.
- Program the previous week’s workouts to the Whiteboard so your athletes can start adding results right away.
- Get programming help by watching our Programming 101 video series and checking out our blog on programming tips.
- Add our download badge, logo, or banner to your website.
- Post an announcement to your blog and/or Facebook page. If you put “www.sugarwod.com” in the text portion, Facebook will automatically pull a great photo from our site to enhance your post.
- Invite your athletes to download the app and join your gym.
Links To Share During the Launch
Launch Tips From SugarWOD Customers
- Post the workout every day. Be consistent so athletes learn to rely on the mobile notifications.
- Ask your athletes if they know their numbers for the workout when you gather them at the whiteboard before class. Create a culture of accountability and preparation in the gym.
- Remind your athletes to log their results after class.
- Lead by example. Make sure your coaches consistently log their own workouts, give some fist bumps, and post comments. Your coaches set the tone for the entire gym. Read more on what your coaches can do to launch SugarWOD.
- Be persistent! It takes a few weeks until new habits are formed within your gym.
Need more help? Check out our help and FAQ articles.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published on Dec. 27, 2016 and was updated Feb. 25, 2022 for accuracy and comprehensiveness.